Using the Add/Edit Wizard, Step Two of Three:
The Manage Content Form
From the Manage Content form, you can upload and manage:
You can also Manually Enter a Media Path for live streams and on-demand video files that Ensemble can access.
Other Guides in the Add/Edit Wizard Series:
Accessing the Manage Content Form
If you’re Uploading a New Video, the Manage Content form will load when you complete the Description step of the Add/Edit Wizard.
If the content is already in your Media Library, click the Edit button to enter the Add/Edit Wizard.
When the wizard loads, click the Manage Content tab.
When the Manage Content menu opens, the Audio/Video sub-form is selected by default:
To Upload a new Video File
- Select the desired Media Workflow (if more than one are available).
- Click Add File
- Click Start Upload when you’re ready. The uploading status bar will advance as your content moves through the uploading process. Click Cancel Upload if you wish to cancel your upload once it has begun.
- Once your video file is listed in the Media table (see image below), the status of the video will be displayed. You may advance to the Publish form by clicking Continue, or browse to another area of the Ensemble interface, even if the video is processing.
- If the video Duration and Dimensions are detected, those values will be added. If no values appear after processing, you can manually enter the correct values.
- Optional: Select a Bandwidth label. See the Bandwidth Labels guide for more information.
- Optional: Once your video is ready, consider creating Annotations, adding Closed Captions, or Trimming the Video
- Click the Preview button to test your new video.
Images are uploaded using the same steps as the video uploading process, except there is no Workflow selection for images. For best results, preview images for a video should be the same size as the video dimensions.
Click the Preview or Thumbnail radio button to select that image as the preview and/or thumbnail image.
Click the Delete button to delete all images checked for deletion.
Click the thumbnail image in the left column to view the image at full-size.
Click +Add to save. Links cannot be edited once entered, but they can be removed using the Delete button.
The Attachments table show all files that have been added. In this example, we’ve uploaded a Microsoft Word document titled Ensemble Help Categories. You can enter a description for your attachment in the box below the title field.
Click the Delete button to remove the file.
Manually Entering a Media Path
If your are entering a live stream, check the Media is a Live Stream check box.
Click the +Add button to save your entry. It will be added to the Manual Entries list.
If the resolution of the video you’ve manually added is known, return to Audio/Video using the Options drop-down menu and enter the dimensions (Width x Height) for the media you just entered.
If the media path is active/live, click the Preview button to ensure the media path is correct before you continue.
Now that you’ve uploaded and configured your content, you’re ready to publish the video!
Visit the Publishing and Sharing guide to learn about some of the ways you can share and distribute your first video using Ensemble.