- Ensemble Studio Prerequisites
- Add and Configure Monarch Devices
- Schedule Recordings
- Managing Access to Studio
The Monarch HD is a single input device (HDMI with optional analog audio). The Monarch LCS includes the ability to record two inputs (two HDMI with one HD/SDI, and optional analog audio).
Ensemble Studio Prerequisites
Before you can start scheduling recordings it is important to ensure your Workflows and devices are setup correctly. Please refer to the support articles below before moving onto the Applying Studio License.
- Update Matrox Device Firmware
- Ensemble System Workflows
- Ensemble Studio Workflows
- Apply Ensemble Studio License
Add and Configure Monarch Devices
One of the primary functions of Ensemble Studio is the ability to schedule a recording, whether user-controlled or auto recording. In both cases, the device will place the recording in the Target Library that you designate.
After the device is added to Ensemble Video, it can be scheduled:
- Administration --> Organization --> Studio Setup
- Click the Action button for a device, then select Schedule:
- The Schedule Recording menu will open
- Click +Add to add a new recording
- Fill in the Recording Details section
- Recording Name: Specify a recording name. Use a name that will help identify the class name, meeting, event, etc.
- Start Time: Date/Time to start the recording
- Stop Time: Date/Time to stop the recording
- Recording Mode: How should the system treat this scheduled recording
- Auto Recording: Ensemble will automatically start/stop at the scheduled time
- User Controlled: The device is "available" to record at the scheduled time, but the user will have to manually start/stop the recording via the Ensemble UI
- Fill in the Content Processing section
- Target Organization: Organization where the video will placed after recording is complete
- Target Library: Library inside the Target Organization (above) where the video will be placed after recording is complete
- Auto-Publish to Playlist (Optional): You can specify the new recording is automatically published to a playlist from the Target Library configured above
- Auto-Publish to Category (Optional): You can specify the new recording is automatically configured with a Category from the Target Library configured above
- Fill in the Recurrence section (Optional)
- Click the checkbox to enable Recurring Recording
- Select the Recurrence Type
- Daily - Recording will repeat every day at the same time
- Weekly - Recording will repeat on the same day of the week, every week, at the same time
- Bi-Weekly - Recording will repeat on the same day of the week, every 2 weeks, at the same time
- Monthly - Recording will repeat on the day and time each month
- Set the End Recurrence By
- Number of Occurrences: Schedule will end after X number of occurrences
- Date: Schedule will end after a specific date
Managing Access to Studio
There are several ways to control who has permission to use or manage an Ensemble Studio device. The ability to use Ensemble Studio is based on User Permissions. Once your Studio device has been added, you can configure access.
Note: During the setup of the Monarch devices there is a property called Allowed IP Addresses. Users accessing the device from a computer listed in Allowed IP Address can always create an ad-hoc recording, regardless of their individual user permissions. If a Studio device is installed in a classroom, enter the IP address of the installed classroom computer to permit all Ensemble users to record from the Studio device to their library while using that computer. Also note that this feature requires that the computers have a static IP or a reservation in DHCP so they will always have the same IP address.
Configure User Access to Studio
- Click Administration -->Organization -->Studio Setup
- Find the device you want to manage and click Action --> Permissions
- You will be presented with the permissions of that device
- From this screen you can Add/Remove individual user permissions to the capture device
- To Remove, simply locate the user and click the Remove button
- Different Roles can be granted to the users:
- Access Scheduled Recording: This role will be assigned to all Contributors in the library. With this role, the Library Contributors can access the Studio Device during the time that the device is scheduled for the user's library. The user can go to the Ensemble Studio tab and can start and stop recordings on the device. When outside of the scheduled time, the user will not see the device in Ensemble Studio tab.
- Make Recording: This role can be assigned to Contributors. With this role, the user can create ad hoc recording on the Studio device, regardless of the schedule. In the Ensemble Studio tab, the user will see the device and can start and stop recordings. This includes the ability to stop scheduled recordings that are occurring in another library.
- Manage Device: This role can be assigned to Organization Administrators. With this role, the user can manage the device in Administration > Organization > Studio Setup, including creating/deleting recording schedules. The administrator will also be able to see the Studio device in all libraries in the Organization and have full control to start/stop an ad hoc recording in all libraries.
Note: Institution Administrators and System Administrators have Manage Device role by default