This article will show you how to set the default sorting and filtering for the content on a playlist. Ensemble Video playlists lets you create a collection of content for a website, LMS, CMS or Blog. Once a playlist is created, Ensemble Video users can publish items in their Media Library and Shared Library to their Playlist. Also, playlists are published to Ensemble Video Portals.
Sorting Playlist Content
To sort a playlist, go to Playlists in the left menu, find the playlist you want to sort and click the "Sort" option.
Set the Default Sorting and Filtering
In the Playlist Sort page, users can set the default sorting and filtering for their playlist. The sort will be applied to playlist permalinks and portal channels.
To do this, go to the "Sort By" dropdown and select one of the sorting options:
- Date Added (Ascending or Descending)
- Date Produced (Ascending or Descending)
- Description (Ascending or Descending)
- Title (Ascending or Descending)
- Duration (Ascending or Descending)
- Keyword (Ascending or Descending)
- Custom Order (see Custom Order below)
Additionally, users can choose to "Filter By":
- Search String (display items with a specific text in the metadata)
- Category (display a specific playlist category)
- Results (limit the number of results)
When you have completed your sorting and/or filtering, click "Update."
Users can also create and save custom orders for their playlist. To do this, got to the "Sort By" dropdown and select "Custom Order."
To create a custom order:
- Name your custom order
- Drag and drop the videos in the left panel (Default Order) into the right panel (Custom Order) in the appropriate order
- Click Save Custom Order
- Click Update
Playlist Order Updated
After making your sorting and filtering changes the changes will be reflected when viewing the Permalink and in the Portal.