To capture both the mic audio and the desktop audio together on a Mac, Ensemble Anthem requires 3rd party tools like Soundflower that enable Ensemble Anthem to access the sound card and perform audio mixing.
*SoundFlower is required for MAC users when they want to record the desktop computer audio.
- Install the Soundflower from within the Ensemble Video application if it is not already available on the machine.
- Install the Soundflower package from the installer file (dmg). The first attempt to install will display a security alert, then fail.
- Afterwards, you need to go into System Preferences "Security & Privacy - General" pane and give permission to allow the install. After giving permission, you will be able to run the installer successfully. You will be guided through the steps necessary to install the software. When finished, restart the machine.
Set up app flow for using the feature
The settings screen inside the app will have the options to select and deselect the feature as shown.
Uninstall the Soundflower using “Uninstall Soundflower.scpt”, available inside the dmg.
- If dmg is not available then, manually we may need to delete the below references related to the Soundflower installation.
- /System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext" with administrator privileges
- /Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext" with administrator privileges
- /Library/Receipts/Soundflower*" with administrator privileges
- /var/db/receipts/com.cycling74.soundflower.*" with administrator privileges
- /Applications/Soundflower" with administrator privileges
- Restart the machine.