Important: Before adding any new device to the Ensemble please ensure it is running the latest firmware version from the vendor. Click here for a link to Matrox Downloads.
Adding Matrox Monarch LCS to Ensemble Studio
- Login to Ensemble with an Org Admin (or higher) account
- Click Administration--> Organization --> Studio Setup
To configure a new device, click the +Add button and choose Monarch LCS
The Device Settings window will open, see below
Configure the LCS Properties
- Institution: Name of institution where this device will be placed for management
Name: Use a convention that will help you identify the device, whether it is movable or installed in a fixed location
IP Address/Host Name: If the device is not assigned a static address, or a DHCP Reservation, the IP Address field may need to be updated if the device's network IP changes
- Location: Use a convention that will help you identify the location of the device
- Admin Username: Admin username for the LCS Device
- Admin Password: Admin password for the LCS Device
- Description: Description of device
- Allowed IP Addresses: IP address list (comma separated) of IP Addresses allowed to control the LCS device. Users accessing the device from a computer listed as an Allowed IP Address may always create an ad-hoc recording. If a Studio device is installed in a classroom, enter the IP address of the installed classroom computer to permit all Ensemble users to record from the Studio device to their library while using that computer.
- Select an Audio Source: Digital A, Digital B or Analog
Select a recording Resolution
Select a Layout
- This setting, when enabled, will trim the left and right sections off and present a more "square" (or 4:3) recording for the presenter input.
After you have completed your configuration, copy the Configuration URL and save for the section below "Configuring a Matrox Monarch LCS Device"
Note: You won't be able to Save your entry until you Validate the device. However, you won't be able to Validate the device until you perform the LCS Configuration below. Once the Configure Matrox Monarch LCS Device section below is complete, you can then click Validate --> Save
- Once you have completed the section below (Configure Matrox Monarch LCS Device) you can click Validate --> Save
Configure Matrox Monarch LCS Device
The section above must be completed before the following steps:
- Open the Matrox Monarch LCS Command Center via a web browser using the device IP address (i.e. http://10.0.0.1)
- Click on Device
- When prompted, login as Admin to the LCS device
- Click on the Automatic Configuration tab at the top
- Paste in the Configuration URL (from the previous section) into From Web Page section
- After pasting, click Load